I am installing SuperOffice Web Tools and/or Mail Link application, but the installation fails with the error: Installation failed. Why does it happen and how do I fix it?
There could be several reasons why the installation fails. First of all, you want to get a more detailed error message and then depending on the error, fix the cause. To get a more detailed error message follow the steps below:
- Start SuperOffice Web Tools or Mail Link installation again.
- In the installation dialog click on the Customize button.
- In the new dialog select Advanced installation and click Install.
- Click Next and Install in the installation wizard until the installation finishes or you get an error message.
Below find described most common situations and/or error messages:
- You get an error "Installation Failed" when you try to upgrade your Web tools after your SuperOffice installation has recently been upgraded/migrated (e.g. to 8.3 from 8.2 or similar).
In this case, you need to uninstall Web tools and run the installer again.
- You get en error "Installation Failed" when a windows user that tries to install the SuperOffice application does not have Write permissions either in Program Files or AppData folders.
In this case, make sure that the user has Write permissions on the folders that have been mentioned above.
- You get en error 1603 “Fatal Error During Installation” when short file name creation is disabled on the target machine.
In this case, make sure that the value “NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation” is equal to 0, which indicates that short file name creation is enabled.
Technical Documentation: Compatibility reports SuperOffice 7.x
Technical Documentation: Compatibility reports SuperOffice 8.x