What is the way to create an e-mail template in SuperOffice CRM and use it when I am sending e-mails?
In SuperOffice CRM you can easily create your personalized e-mail templates and use them to send e-mails to your customers. Please follow the steps below to do it:
Step 1. Create an e-mail template in SuperOffice CRM
Please follow the steps below:
- Log in to Settings and Maintenance in SuperOffice CRM.
- Click on the Lists (1) button in the Navigator panel, then select E-mail templates (2) from the drop-down list and click on +Add (3).
- Fill in the name for your template (1), choose a type (2) of the template, select Create a new e-mail template (3), if you wish to create a template from scratch, and click Save (4).
Note! You also have options to upload .htm/.html templates from your computer or copy an existing e-mail template from SuperOffice.
- Click on Edit to open the e-mail text editor.
- Fill in your e-mail template with your text. You can click on the button (1) to open the text editor menu. In your e-mail templates, you can use variables, which will automatically fill in information from SuperOffice CRM, click on the button (2) to get a list of all available variables. When you are done, click on the Save (3) button to finalize.
Fill in the Subject (1) line of your template. You can use template variables in the subject line, but note that option Show e-mail dialog (3) has to be selected for them to work.
Then add a tick next to Use signature in new e-mail (2) if you want your templates to contain your signature. Please note that the template will use your e-mail signature, as defined in SuperOffice CRM.
Add a tick next to Show e-mail dialog (3) if you want to be able to pre-select new e-mail details.
Next, choose the Direction (4) of how this e-mail template should be used: as an Outgoing template or as a template to archive Incoming e-mails.
Then, select Intention (5) of the e-mail. Intention field lists all the intentions, which you have defined in the Follow-up – Intentions list.
Choose where the document template should be stored (6).
Fill in Our reference (7) field if you want to use a sequence number of the e-mail template use, and click Save (8) to finish.
Step 2. Use your e-mail templates
There are three ways how you can use your e-mail templates:
When a new document dialog is in use
All SuperOffice users can use e-mail templates by following the steps below:
- Click on the +New button at the top of the screen and then click on Document.
- Then choose the e-mail template (1) from the drop-down list and click on the Create (2) button.
When SuperOffice Inbox is in use
If you use SuperOffice Inbox to manage your e-mails then you can use e-mail templates by following the steps below:
- Click on the arrow (1) next to the new e-mail button. Choose your e-mail template (2) from the list of all available e-mail templates.
- If you enabled option Show e-mail dialog when creating a template, a new e-mail dialog appears before the text is populated to a new e-mail. In the dialog you can change a template (1) pre-select the company (2) and contact (3), change the e-mail Subject (4), pre-select Sale (5), and Project (6), and select the Language (7) of the template text. Click Create (8) when you are happy with the setup.
When Outlook is in use
If you use Outlook to manage your e-mails then you can use e-mail templates by following the steps below:
Note! Make sure you have SuperOffice Web Tools latest version or at least the version 11.6 installed.
- Click on the button SuperOffice Message in the Outlook Ribbon.
- From the drop-down list choose your template.
- If you enabled the option Show e-mail dialog when creating a template, a new e-mail dialog will appear before the text is populated to a new e-mail. In this dialog, you can pre-select the company and the contact (1), change the e-mail Subject (2), pre-select Sale (3) and Project (4), select the Language (5) of the template text and even change the template (6). Click OK (7) when you are happy with the setup.
|Please follow this FAQ, if you use SuperOffice Onsite 8.5 R13 or any earlier version.|